Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Sign?

The last two days have been ones of shock.

Yesterday I was doing some work on a laptop in my room. We have a power bar in the room that allows for all plug configurations because the laptop has a North American plug. Plugs here are the same as the UK. I unpacked the laptop and the power adaptor for the laptop. While the adaptor wasn't connected to the laptop I plugged it into the live power bar. Then I grabbed the other end that plugs into the laptop.

ZZZZZZZZZZAP!!! "WOAH!"

My right arm flew into the air and I couldn't control it. My entire right side from my shoulders to my hips tingled with a surge of electricity. Definitely a new experience.

I finished my work on the laptop and closed the computer.

ZZZZZZZZZZAP!!! "Wwwhat the hell!"

Again. This time with less surprise, but with just as much tingling.

Later that day I came home during the hottest part of the day to take nap. It gets warm under a tin roof so I decided to turn on the fan. The fan has a European plug. It is also plugged into the power bar. This time no shock.

A few minutes later I can smell smoke and look at the clock. It's around lunch time and I figured it was Mama cooking lunch. This time it wasn't food smoking. I turned to look at the fan. The fan had overheated and burst into flames. I grabbed the fan, pulled out the plug and run it outside. Walking back to the room I can see a haze of smoke.

What a day. Bad luck or was my life in jeopardy?

No comments: