Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My House, My Home, My Life

Now it was time to show my parents my life. Where was I spending my last 8 months...without much time off.

Mokuti, just outside Etosha National Park, is 525km north of Windhoek. So the stop at Okonjima broke up the journey. Not to say my 160km/hr+ driving did help speed things up. The roads are straight, smooth and quiet. Not to mention that my first time behind the wheel in 12 months was going to be exciting. Pedal to the metal!

At Mokuti, my parents were treated to a fantastic room and were able to do nothing but relax. The only appointments were for wildlife safaris and of course, the spa. What a way to live. And get this, they saw 87 elephants at one waterhole. Four herds coming together. Quite spectacular.

I introduced my parents to all my new friends and colleagues; Anand, Ina, Chris, Vendi, and the whole bar team, Jackson, Daniel, Patrick, Erenst and Daement. These are the faces I see everyday...every...day.

I did spend some time in the office, but at least dinner was a family event and I think the liked what they saw.

No comments: