Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hurray for Che

So the German I met in Swakopmund, Daniel, and I are still exploring Windhoek. Or at least trying not to get robbed. Looks like we might leave soon enough.

Since I've been here I have heard of three people being jumped on the street. One story involves a couple at dinner and from their window seat they can see their car being broken into and some items stolen. This is all during daylight hours. When the dusk settles in the city all the streets are empty. No one is walking on the street.

Last night we checked out a local reggae band at a modern venue. Definitely fun. After the band we went next door to a bar called "El Cubano." Cool small place with flags hanging from the walls, salsa music, Cuban cigars and the staff donning shirts of "Che." Very cool hangout. Different age groups and everyone out for a good time.

What I've learned so far is that its easy to spend money in the city. Better here than in London or Paris.

No comments: