Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Supertubes

With only four backpackers staying at Storms River the night quickly turned into a competition of quarters with the bartender. We made sure he left coming back the next morning with a headache.

The worlds highest commercial bungy is at the Bloukrans Bridge between the Eastern and Western Cape. 216 metres. Unfortunately, not one of the three other backpackers wanted in and I was left without a shuttle to get to the bridge.

From Storms River I headed east to surfing mecca Jeffreys Bay where all the pros come out to ride the tubes and compete for price money. I tried my hand at a few tiny waves and managed to ride a few of them in standing up. But the hits I took were hard. The water is very shallow and any fall puts your body in contact with the sandy bottom.The backpackers I am staying at is right on the beach and the bar is always busy. My head still hurts and now I feel sorry for that bartender.

No comments: