Monday, January 5, 2009

Stuck in the Sand

Well, according to what the "plan", I should have left Swakopmund 5 days ago. I was ready to leave this morning, but I keep meeting interesting people.

On the way back to the hotel I bumped into a bus driver who was interested in my day and made friendly conversation. I few minutes later I found myself invited to come watch the Under 18 Fistball World Championships. Turns out he was the driver of the Swiss team. I had no idea what Fistball was so I was up for the show. Imagine a form of Volleyball.

There were only a few teams in this fairly new sport; Austria, Brazil, Chile, Switzerland, Germany and Namibia.

Germany took the title for the men and Austria for the women.
Maybe I'll move on tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I saw all the pretty girls on the Fist team I knew why you did not move on that day.

Andrea